InSouthFlorida.com uses the definition for “locally owned and independently operated business” established by Business Alliance for Local Living Economies.
The five qualifying questions are:
- My business/organization is privately held (not publicly traded). [Non-profits are considered privately held organizations]
- The business owners, totaling greater than fifty percent of the business ownership, live in the 4 county South Florida Area (Palm Beach. Broward, Miami-dade and Monroe) [Non-profits: Does 50% or more of your Board of Directors reside in the South Florida Area]
- My business pays all of its own marketing, rent and other business expenses (without assistance from a corporate headquarters outside of South Florida).
- My business can make independent decisions regarding its name and look, as well as all business practices, purchasing and distribution.
- My business is registered in Florida, with no corporate or national headquarters outside of the Bay Area.
If you can answer YES to these 5 questions, we want you listed on InSouthFlorida.com.
We are scheduled to officially launch in January 2012. In the meantime, we are offering limited FREE charter memberships for a Silver 6 month membership. If you want to take advantage of this opportunity, simple create and account and enter the code SILVER6 when prompted in the shopping cart.
We look forward to working together to create Shop Local South Florida!