Why Should You Shop Locally in South Florida?
Your dollars do make a difference. Where you spend your hard earned money has a significant impact on our South Florida community. In some cases, it can even affect your own employment. For every dollar you spend with a local South Florida owned business, seventy-percent of that dollar goes back into our local economy. When you spend a dollar at an out-of-state owned company, over sixty-percent leaves the state. Think about it: when you shop local, you are investing in your community, in your neighbors, and in yourselves.
In this current economic climate, the best return on investment is in local business. A dollar spent at a locally owned South Florida business is usually spent 6 to 15 times before it leaves our local South Florida community. From that $1.00 you spent, you create $5.00 to $14.00 in value within our local community. Spend that same $1.00 at a national chain store, and 80% of it leaves South Florida immediately.
Here are ten good reasons to shop locally In South Florida. (Note: will open in a new window)
The more money that stays in our local South Florida community the better off we all are, wouldn't you agree?
As A Consumer, You Can Make a Difference With A Few Simple Steps
Join InSouthFlorida.com (it's FREE to join).
1) Choose to buy, shop and support our locally owned South Florida businesses whenever possible. By doing so, you are choosing to support our local economy.
2) These businesses appreciate your support and will provide you an instant benefit in the form of a coupon, reduced prices, free upgrades or special discounts on goods and services generally only available to South Florida locals living in our community.
3. Dine frequently at local, independent restaurants in your community and treat yourself to a unique and personal dining experience. Keeping local restaurant tables filled helps many people in the restaurant supply chain and goes a long way in helping our South Florida economy.
4. When you shop online with out-of-state companies, it doesn't contribute a dime to the local economy, so check for InSouthFlorida.com members who offer the same products or services. Some will even deliver.
5. Look for the InSouthFlorida.com window decal when you shop at stores, and ask for your special offer.
6. Use Social Media such as facebook and twitter to tell your associates, family, and friends why it is important to shop local. Have them join InSouthFlorida.com. We all create our communities, our circles. Let's join forces and continue to create a strong, diverse, vibrant and unique South Florida as a legacy for those who follow.